COMPTIU: BASIC TRANSVERSAL COMPETENCES FOR UNIVERSITY INCORPORATION
2007 - 2007
Within the framework of European harmonization in which all the universities are immersed, it is essential to have as much information as possible of the students in order to be able to design their training process. Not only that part that will be in the presence of the teacher but also that of self-employed work. We must take the step of considering the learning process not as a collective process but as an individual process.
The project will be developed in the Faculties of Education Sciences of the UdL and the URV but in order that the conclusions are useful for any area of university knowledge.
|Mercè Gisbert Cervera||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Angel-Pio González Soto||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Carme Borbonés Bresco||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Josep Holgado Garcia||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|José Luís Lázaro Cantabrana||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Luís Marqués Molías||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Sofía Isus Barado||Universitat de Lleida|
|Xavier Carrera Farran||Universitat de Lleida|
|Jordi Coiduras Rodríguez||Universitat de Lleida|
The main objective of the project has been the to define the basic competences that students need to be able to realize the transition from the field of secondary education to the university.
- Generate collaborative work networks and interdisciplinary, interuniversity and interdepartmental learning communities in order to create knowledge about the Secondary-University transition process.
- Analyze the expectations and the reality that the student finds when he arrives at the University in factors that can influence teaching.
- Define the basic transversal competencies to take into account when making the transition Secondary University.
- Design and develop an ICT-based tool that allows us to evaluate the level! of acquisition of these competitions upon arrival at the University.
- Validate the instrument designed to guarantee its level! of efficiency.
- Generate strategies and adapt teaching methodologies to incorporate the different instruments in the teaching planning process.
The project is based on the development of collaborative work strategies applying some of the principles of quality management 1 continuous improvement: obtaining evidences and data, knowing expectations and needs.
Regarding the method we will be based on the so-called "Deming cycle" or continuous improvement, which has four phases: planning, action, evaluation and optimization.
Regarding the obtaining of evidences, 1 data will be reflected in all the information and indicators that are available in relation to basic competences for access to the University as well as the collection of information from the students of All the first ones that participate in this project will allow us to make a diagnosis of the location from which we start.
In relation to the knowledge of the users (students), it will make an identification of their expectations, needs degree of satisfaction with different aspects of the teaching process and of resources and materials in the first days of interaction with the University.
Cela, J.M., Arias, I. & Esteve-González, V. (2009). COMPTIU:Competencias transversales básicas para la incorporación a la universidad. En Actas congreso EDUTEC 2009: Sociedad del conocimiento y el medio ambiente: sinergia científica y las TIC generando desarrollo sostenible. Manaus, Brasil.