PdP: Accreditation and validation of skills of students through digital portfolios. A process for monitoring and evaluation of internships in schools.
2014 - 2016
The process of monitoring and evaluation practices based on reflective practice of students and the interaction between them and their university tutors and school are the basis for a real future teacher training linked to the educational reality. The availability of technologies for learning and knowledge (TAC) can enhance this training. Given the prospect of these agents involved (tutors, faculty, school and students), this project aims to provide criteria and actions to improve the development, monitoring and evaluation of the training program internships double degree, introducing the use of digital portfolios (e-portfolios) as a tool for gathering evidence of reflective practice throughout. This strategy of gathering evidence of learning along with validation by consensus guardians, become key facts for a better assessment of professional competence of future teachers. Participating teachers from four schools with very different profiles of three municipalities in the province of Tarragona. They work with students for three periods of work experience, which will allow us to analyze the evolution of these improvements and implement new processes in practice.
|Luís Marqués Molías||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Josep B. Holgado García||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|José Maria Cela Ranilla||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Vanessa Esteve González||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Anna Sánchez Caballé||Universitat Rovira i Virgili|
|Escola l'Agulla, El Catllar||El Catllar|
|Col·legi Mare de Déu del Carme, Tarragona||Tarragona|
|Escola Dr. Alberich i Casas, Reus||Reus|
|Escola de Pràctiques de Tarragona, Tarragona||Tarragona|
The general objectives are:
O.1. Determine the key aspects in the use of tools such as CT digital portfolio development, monitoring and mentoring practices, taking into account the profile of the tutors of practices in the context of schools and universities, both perspective as a technology training.
O.2. Generate procedures and instruments integrated into the e-portfolio in order to carry out the collection and validation of evidence linked to the skills, using headings and indicators associated with these skills.
Regarding the specific objectives are:
O.1. To describe the profiles of tutors from the identification of competencies expected of them from the perspective of the tutorial and from the technological perspective.
O.2. Apply a portfolio structure adapted to the actions required for students in school practices.
O.3. Set basic tasks that both students and tutors should do in order to use the portfolio as a real tool to support learning and improved tutorial.
O.4. Apply through the use of portfolios, a set of indicators and rubrics for evaluating the skills that students must achieve in practice.
O.5. Based on a consensus among tutors associated with this set of indicators and rubrics a procedure for collection and validation of evidence.
The methodology selected for this project, for their suitability and convenience, is the "Educational Design Research" (EDR) or research-based educational design. This is understood as a systematic process of analysis, design, development and evaluation of an intervention (a training program, product or process) as a solution to a complex problem of education. It is necessary to overcome the lack of practical research in educational technology, considering it as a process than as a tool, and addressing its complexity from a systematic and from the collaboration, generating values that guide its for professional use. Consider the EDR as a mixed methodology and dynamics, which are decisions already taken and others that are generated during the process. This justifies that there is no methodological concretions can decide and make explicit a priori. The EDR is not something between the quantitative and qualitative and that can not be defined by the methods it uses, but the aim pursued: development based innovation.
- Marqués-Molías, L.; Esteve-González, V.; Holgado-Garcia, J.; Cela-Ranilla, J. & Sánchez-Caballé, A. (2016) Student perceptions of e portfolio as competence assessment during the practical training period for early childhood and primary school teaching. European Conference on eLearning. Praga, República Txeca.
- Sánchez-Caballé, A.; Esteve-González, V.; Marqués-Molías, L.; Holgado-García, J. & Cela-Ranilla, J. (2016) La evaluación de las prácticas externas de los maestros en formación mediante el uso del portafolio digital. Corubric16. Málaga, Espanya.
- Holgado García,J.; Esteve González,V.; Marqués Molias, L.; Cela Ranilla, J. & Sánchez-Caballé, A. (2016) USE OF THE E-PORTFOLIO BY STUDENTS ON THE DOUBLE BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN INFANT AND PRIMARY EDUCATION. Barcelona, Espanya.
- Marqués, L. ; Esteve-González, V.; Sánchez-Caballé, A.; Cela; J. i Holgado, J.(2016) Criteris de disseny per a l’ús del portafolis digital en la recollida i la validació d’evidència en les pràctiques externes. Congrés Internacional de Docència Universitària i Innovació. Barcelona, Espanya.
- Esteve-González, V., Sánchez-Caballé, A., Marqués, L., Holgado, J. & Cela-Ranilla, J.(2015) Diseño de un portafolio digital para la validación de competencias de los estudiantes universitarios de las prácticas externas en las escuelas. EDUTEC, Riobamba, Equador.